Is there a celebrity or entertainment organization you want to reach, but don't know how to reach them?
|Kendrick Lamar- Yahoo on the Road Tour- Cincinnati Ohio
©Angela Reuss 2013
In my other post "Secrets in the Music Biz", I talk about how people in the music and entertainment business keep secrets, connections and opportunities from each other. However, there will be NO SECRETS kept here. One secret I would like to reveal to you today is how to reach any Celebrity, Agent, Record Label, Author, Producer, Publicist, etc.
Most people would give anything to be able to reach a famous celebrity, record label, or artist. Normally, you have to know someone who knows someone, that knows someone, to obtain these connections. Finding or meeting such people can be like finding a needle in a haystack. Obtaining the information or connections to meet these people can seem like only a dream or something that's out of reach. However I'm here to tell you that you don't have to wish or hope anymore.Where there's a will there's a way... and my will has made a way for you and your will.
Now, I know there's going to be a select crowd of people that hate me for 'letting the cat out of the bag' and giving this information so freely. But I don't care. Like I said, there's no reason to have secrets in the music business. In fact, it's pretty childish to hold such secrets and try to keep the next man down.
Anyway, a couple of years ago, I found out how to get in touch with virtually any famous person (or their agent)...whether it's Selena Gomez, Will Smith, Kim Kardashian, or Snoop Dogg <-my all time fav by the way.
I'm going to give you this information in hopes that you will use it responsibly. Don't ruin it for everyone else that has a legit reason for reaching out to celebrities.
Therefore, before we get to the good stuff, let's go over a little of what to do when you contact these people.
Tips for contacting celebrities:
1. Make sure that you are prepared and have all of your affairs in order prior to contacting celebs or their agents. This is for your own sake. I say this because, if you're a crazy obsessed fan trying to snag a lock of hair, you might get hung up on, or ignored. (Trust me, they know who you are). Not to say that a big fan can't get an autograph from a famous person. I'm just saying be tasteful in the correspondence.
The same goes for music artists and authors with incomplete or shoddy work, or someone that has not yet captured a descent following. (If you haven't gained a following, go back and re-evaluate your work. Numbers don't lie, but friends and family do - aka -Most people don't like hurting feelings.) If you're an artist, author, or organization, you want to make a good impression with your name, brand, or opportunity on the first communication.
I'm not trying to discourage you, I just want to make sure you don't shoot yourself in the foot before you give yourself a chance.
2. When you contact a celebrity, or their agent, speak professionally. Arrogance in your music and or writing is one thing, but doing business in person is another. These people are busy, with a business to run, and they don't have time for the rigamarole. Be straight forward, direct, friendly. (Think how you would speak to a perspective client that's interested in doing business with you.)
3. If you want to stand out among the droves of others and make a successful connection, try to have something awesome to offer, whether it's a media outlet (TV, radio, well known podcast, etc.), or interest in booking for a show or speaking engagement, or sending them something awesome like brand swag, T-shirts, Hats, Key chains, etc. It's best to find a way to benefit them first to show you respect and appreciate them.
4. Don't ask for hand outs, free features, or free information unless it's for a good cause, like cancer, feeding the poor, etc. (I'm sure most of you already know this, but I would be wrong if I didn't include this information.)
5. There may be several channels that you have to go through to get to the right person. You may get a yes, and you may get a no. Don't take it personal either way, because it's not personal. It's just business. Keep in mind that famous celebrities and their agents are human too, and life in the fast lane for them can be overwhelming as it would be for anyone.
Now that we've got all that out of the way, let's get to the main reason you came here in the first place.
I came across this awesome resource a couple years ago. It's called Contact Any Celebrity. It's an online directory where you can find contact info for any famous person. There is also a print book version of this directory. The online version is better though, because they update the database directory regularly.
You might be thinking this will cost out the yin-yang, because obtaining information like this can be invaluable... But this is not true. Surprisingly it's actually very affordable. For starters, you can get a free 3 day trial, but if you want to pay for a membership, it's $37 per month. There are some other options. You will have to choose what works best for you. They also have a money back guarantee. But the other cool things about having a membership are:
*If there's someone not listed in the database, they will research it and get back to you within 24-48 hours with the correct info.
*When you sign up they give you 4 bonus books:
- Celebrity Leverage: Insider Secrets to Getting Celebrity Endorsements, Instant Credibility & Star-Powered Publicity
- Secrets to Contacting Celebrities:101 Ways to Reach the Rich & Famous
- The Lost Secrets of Fame & Fortune: How to Get (& Keep) Everything You Desire
- Help from Hollywood:How to Hold a Celebrity Autograph Auction & Raise Tons of Money for Your Cause
To try it out, Just click here Contact Any Celebrity
I think it's worth a try. If anything, you at least have the free 3 day trial, so you don't have the risk. I've personally used this resource, and it does work. Otherwise, I would not be recommending it to you.
Other than using this resource, my recommendation would be to start putting yourself around others with local people in your city that are in the music and entertainment biz. It's always good to build relationships with people you cross paths with in this crowd. You never know when you end up knowing someone, that knows someone...
So now you know. Contacting famous people is no longer a secret.
Fascinating, Isn't it?